(Social Sciences, Psychology, Education, Health & Wellbeing, Human Resources)
(Possibility of remote or hybrid work)
The Institute of Development aims to improve people’s wellbeing and achieve optimal human functioning through research, consulting and training and is celebrating its 20 years of operation this year. As it grows, it is interested in hiring an experienced, passionate and purpose-driven Project Manager/Researcher/Trainer who will be responsible for facilitating and executing the work required by the projects the Institute is running.
At our organization we value collaboration, ethical practice, creativity, positivity and continuous learning and we design and implement creative projects and initiatives. Our mission is to empower individuals, organizations and communities to flourish through evidence-based methods, including the principles of Positive Psychology and Character Education. We are passionately committed to helping add value to individuals and organizations by developing knowledge, skills and attitudes that transform them in positive ways.
The new position is open for full-time or part-time engagement, depending on qualifications and availability. Successful candidates will be offered an attractive remuneration package in accordance with their qualifications and experience and the opportunity to work remotely.
We are looking for high calibre individuals who demonstrate the following attributes:
- Fluency in English is a must-have. Proficiency in Greek would be a valuable asset.
- Exceptional writing skills
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Pleasant personality with outstanding collaboration and teamwork skills
- Resilience and agility
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Ability to coordinate effectively within a team
- Creative mindset, coupled with strong problem-solving ability
- Willingness to learn and take initiative
- Passion for wellbeing, psychology interventions, coupled with a strong belief in the power of personal and professional growth
Main Duties and Responsibilities of the role:
- Conduct literature reviews and prepare reports
- Conduct fieldwork research (interviews, survey research, observations, focus groups)
- Prepare data collection instruments, collect, and analyse data
- Write up research work for publication or other means of dissemination, such as social media
- Develop reports, project outputs, training material
- Design courses for face-to-face, blended, and online delivery
- Deliver trainings in certain areas of expertise
- Manage projects and offer administrative support for research projects
- Prepare and deliver project presentations
- Travel abroad for project meetings, events, and conferences
- Prepare research proposals and grant applications
Are you ready to make a genuine impact? Here is what we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, particularly in Sociology, Education, Psychology, Human Resources, or other related field
- A Master’s degree in Social Sciences (preferably in Educational/ School Psychology, Organisational/ Work Psychology, Human Resources)
- Previous experience with EU projects in a similar position is essential
- Demonstrable knowledge in any of the following domains:
- Organisational/Occupational/Work Psychology
- Educational/School Psychology
- Human Resources
- Social Justice
- Proven track record of successful project implementation
- PhD in any related field would be considered an asset.
Interested individuals are kindly asked to complete an online application form and submit an up-to-date CV, cover letter indicating their expertise and samples of their work to the Hiring Committee by September 29th, 2023 through this link.
All applications will be treated in strict confidence.
The position will remain open until it is filled.
*Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted*
We are committed to safeguarding and are against all forms of sexual abuse and exploitation. To be considered for a position at the Institute of Development, applicants must complete a self-declaration form to confirm they have never been subject to sanctions (disciplinary, administrative or criminal). Shortlisted applicants are expected to provide the contact details of at least 2 work related referees and certificates of clear criminal records by the Cyprus Police and be willing to provide samples of their work (writing or other relevant work).